He believes the victim on the container truck is Vietnamese
Essex County police believe the victims of the 39 deaths in container trucks are Vietnamese citizens, but have not been identified.
“At this time, we believe that the victims are Vietnamese and we are contacting the Vietnamese government. We are also in direct contact with some of the victims’ families in Vietnam and the UK, as well as believing that the families of some victims have been identified whose journeys have ended in tragedy in the UK, “the Essex County Police, northeast of London, issued a statement at 19:20 on November 1 (2:20 pm). on November 2, Hanoi) said, referring to the 39 deaths in containers in the county on October 23.
Essex County Police said that the evidence needed to submit the case to the Royal Institute of Forensic Medicine is still being collected through global legal processes, so the British authorities have not been able to inform. Identify any victim.
Police took a truck away when it was discovered someone was killed on October 23. Photo: Reuters.
Police brought a container truck carrying 39 bodies out of the scene on October 23. Photo: Reuters.
“We will continue to work closely with the government of Vietnam and other countries to identify victims and assist those affected in this tragedy,” the notice said.
The Essex County Police urged anyone with information who could assist in the process of identifying victims to contact them. “We have specially trained people who are supported by Vietnamese interpreters who are available to answer the hotline from 9am to midnight, 7 days a week,” the Essex County Police’s notice said. . “Please help us provide answers to this family of 39.”
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang said in a statement this morning that Vietnam’s Ministry of Public Security and British police agencies are working together to verify the identities of victims suspected to be Vietnamese nationals. Nam and soon announced the information.
The Vietnamese Embassy in the UK also transferred the results of the identification of victims from the British police to Vietnamese authorities for cross-checking. Vietnam hopes that the British side will finish investigating the incident soon, severely punishing those responsible for this tragedy.
Vietnam strongly condemns human trafficking, considers it a serious crime and must be punished properly. “This is a serious humanitarian tragedy. We are deeply heartbroken and would like to extend our deepest condolences to the families of the victims and wish them to overcome these great traumas and losses soon,” she said. Hang said.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson (second from left) and government officials place flowers to commemorate the victims in Essex County on October 28. Photo: Reuters.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson (second from left) and government officials place flowers to commemorate the victims in Essex County on October 28. Photo: Reuters .
Vietnam urges nations to step up cooperation in the prevention and combat of human trafficking crimes, so as not to replicate similar tragic tragedies.
The Vietnamese Embassy in the UK on November 1 also released a statement saying that it is extremely sad when the UK publishes preliminary findings on Vietnamese victims. The specific identification of the victims is still in progress and requires confirmation from the authorities of both Vietnam and the UK.
“We want to extend our sincere condolences to the families of the victims,” the statement said. The Vietnamese Embassy in the UK will work closely with the relevant agencies of the two countries to support the families of the victims to bring them home.
On October 23, the British police found 39 bodies in a container truck at Greys industrial park in Thurrock, Essex County, northeast of London. The container was brought from Belgium to England by ferry from October 22. British authorities have so far prosecuted two tractors and arrested three others involved in the case.
Ha Tinh police yesterday said that they had prosecuted and detained two suspects to investigate charges of organizing, broking others to flee abroad illegally, or to stay abroad illegally, related to the incident of 10 families in the area reported the missing child on the way to England. Authorities have not published the identity and gender of the suspect on the grounds that “the case is under investigation”.
Mr. Le Tuan’s family, Do Thanh commune, Yen Thanh district believes that Le Van Ha is losing contact. Photo: Hai Binh
Mr. Le Tuan’s family, Do Thanh commune, Yen Thanh district believes that Le Van Ha is losing contact. Photo: Hai Binh .
To date, 28 families in Nghe An and Ha Tinh reported having children lost contact in Europe, including the UK. Local authorities are doing the necessary procedures to assist 28 families in providing identity verification information.
Xem thêm các bài viết về Ô Tô, Xe Máy, Xe Khác