Ethan, PV lead designer, shows you how to Design a Leaf Pattern Brush in Photoshop . Perfect for creating a design for this month’s scarf competition. Find contest details here:
1) Make a new layer
2) Draw an oval shape in green using the brush tool (b)
3) Use the liquify filter (com + shift + x) and use it to give your oval a nice leaf shape, then hit ok.
4) Using the brush tool again, and with a dark red selected, draw some veins on your leaf.
5) Press command + shift + u to desaturate your image. Then get the marquee tool (m) and draw a box around the whole leaf.
6) In the ‘Image’ menu click ‘define brush preset’, name your brush leaf and hit ok. Now delete your leaf shape.
7) With the brush tool selected press f5 to open the brushes menu. Select your leaf brush out of the presets and then click the left tab for the brush options
8) select the following settings:
In the Shape Dynamics panel:
Size Jitter: 90%
Angle Jitter: 70%
Roundness Jitter: 30%
Min Roundness: 25%
In the Scatter panel:
Finally in the Color Dynamics panel:
Foreground Background: 95%